Tuesday 2 December 2008

Hana Yori Dango Finale/花より男子ファイナル

Genre:Romance/Drama
Language: Japanese
(I realized I haven't reviewed the Hana Yori Dango series, but I'm sure I will eventually.)

This is the story of Makino Tsukushi(Mao Inoue), and Tsukasa Domyoji(Matsumoto Jun), who are to be married in the Spring. After officially announcing their engagement, Domyoji's mother presents the "Smile of Venus", an amazing crown, worth billions. However it is stolen and they then must chase it around the world. Will they be able to regain the crown and are they really compatible for marriage together?

Review:
I'll start off with saying, this is a movie, not a drama. I normally find Japanese movies to be...disappointing. I find that they are like....over-cliched extra episodes. I'd say this could even be considered a souped-up SP, not even a movie ;). However apparently it did well in Japan...
Anyways, if you liked Hana Yori Dango you'll want to see it (like I did). As I finished watching this today, it's still pretty fresh in my mind.... Like I said, it's okay, nothing more, nothing less. I was rather amused at how they portrayed an American trucker though....ah I always love seeing the Japanese-English at work in Jshows.

In closing, watch it if you've seen the Hana Yori Dango series. If you haven't then....go watch the dramas first. ^_~.
.
Random Note: I actually have the photo book for this movie, Rei (my Japanese exchange student), brought it for me.

No comments: